Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Three Little Kittens



Meet the three little kittens. Well, I guess they are not that little, but there are three.  These three little kittens have not lost their mittens..but they do have something to cry about. It appears that they may have been dumped in the neighborhood. I noticed them I guess sometime last week, playing around near our house. We have been here a year now, and I have never seen them. Granted they could be someone new to the neighborhoods, but none of them have collars, and they seemed hungry. They were hanging out in our driveway when we left for dinner, and they were still there when we got back. uh oh...lol. This is how it happens. They show up, look hungry, and I feed them. I only have my family to blame for this. We did this for all stray animals growing up. Mostly birds, turtles, lost dogs til we found their owners, and tarantulas. My mom and dad still do this. My dad recently took in a dachshund that had been dumped in his neighborhood. And my mom and her husband took in a lost cat last year. We are all big softies. When we lived out in the country last year, we had a cute kitty start coming around. Cooper and I decided to start feeding it...and he stuck around. This cat was wild, but soon warmed up to us.

 
When we moved from there, we sadly, had to leave the kitty behind. He roamed between us and the our neighbors (who had like 50 cats) , so I knew he would be fine. But I felt bad for little Coop. He asked about him a couple times. That whole season in our lives was...hmm, how should I say it...lets just say challenging. That is a whole other post. Anyway, we will see what happens with these three little guys. But for now they are eating crab meat with a little bread and milk.They were so hungry :(  I put a big box in our hedges with a towel and gave them one of the boys toy balls that has a jingle sound. Next steps are to post a pic at the mailboxes and keep an eye out to see what they do and where they go. I guess then they can officially be our cats. Outdoor cats that is. Sean is highly allergic, but even if he wasn't we wouldn't be a kitty in the house family. Nothing wrong with it, just not our thing. But outdoor kitties are great, keep away mice and snakes! :) Going to need help with kitty names. The kitty with the orange and white belly is a very pretty kitty. He is a big cat...maybe Garfield? Original, I know. The other orange kitty is kind of like a tiger. He lounges all majestic like and has beautiful markings. Dark stripes. My mom wanted to name him Froto Baggins or Liger. lol. The gray kitty is very playful and a little skittish..but so adorable. He is like a little  mouse. If you are a good kitty namer...help me out please! I know a bunch of you are cat lovers! :)



FF (fun facts) I have no idea how to tell the sex of a cat. My sister and her husband once thought they had male cat and named it Jack. Well, Jack got pregnant. So I don't know if what I see back there are balls or WHAT! lol.. Guess the Vet will tell us! haha


No comments:

Post a Comment