Friday, January 28, 2011

Sushi from HEB



Sometimes, when we go pick up some groceries in the morning, I like to get some Sushi to take home for lunch. Sushi or not though, we ALWAYS say hi to the couple above who make the sushi! Over the time we have met them, we have gotten to know each other. They call the boys by their names, and have rolled them up a couple special bites made just for them to try....to expose them to sushi. They know when the boys are sick, and what shenanigans they have been up to. And we know that they are married, and wanting to start a family. He is a soccer coach and she LOVES children. Clearly. :)
The boys love seeing them, and we are always greeted by huge smiles from both of them! We have yet to get Cooper to like sushi, but at home he takes his straws and pretends he is eating sushi.

It is a great thing to get to know the people around you. Get out of your bubble and talk to someone. I can remember as a kid my dad cutting up with the check out people at the grocery store and messing with the waitresses at restaurants. And for as long as I can remember our family was always friends with our neighbors. And we are friends with all of them til this day, even if it is only on FB.

Our kids learn from our example, lets teach them how to love our neighbors. Make a difference in someone else's life and get out of your bubble. Even if it is only the sushi people at the grocery store.
Is there anyone that you talk to already that you can tell me about??

2 comments:

  1. The first person that came to mind was Rich and the owner of Almighty rentals. He loves that guy and always sends him business and he can tell me everything about he and his wife and their business. I consider myself to be the extrovert and Rich the introvert but I think Rich is probably much better than this- however Carrie at Amore' and her friend that runs Down The Ally- Luann have become some of my favorite people in the community lately! Did you see my picture in the paper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! That is awesome that Rich does that. This does come more nautrally for others, but we should all try. Never know what it means to others. :)

    ReplyDelete