Saturday, January 29, 2011

Mixed Emotions



I can look at this picture right here and feel a handful of different emotions! I am sure some of you can relate. At dinner tonight the boys were dancing to the music and this cute little girl wanted to dance with them. She had grabbed hands with Miles at first, and Cooper saw and wanted to cut in. Miles gladly complied.Cooper was so sweet and calm dancing with her. He was looking around, being kind of shy. I just stood back and smiled. I was so proud of him for being bold enough to want to dance, and even though feeling shy once they started dancing, kept dancing. I was in awe of his demeanor, not crazy and all over the place...just slow dancing away. But even though I had all  of these sweet thoughts and feelings going on, I was kind of sad and heart broken. I never thought that my baby boy would grow up so fast. All these new seasons of change and growth seem to sneak up on me. I know it was just a cute little dance, but to me it is a glimpse of things to come, and a reminder that I can not keep him as my baby Cooper.  I don't ponder on these thoughts for long, it is actually more like a little tornado of feelings that kind of overwhelm my heart for a quick moment and then are gone. I go back to grinning from ear to ear, and Sean and I looking at each other with such pride. Bittersweet.


No comments:

Post a Comment