Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sometimes the Best Things in Life are Free



First things first, today was absolutely beautiful outside! Such a nice break from the cold! I guess I have lived in Texas too long, not use to this cold stuff. Don't get me wrong, we enjoyed the snow, but with two little guys full of energy, well, I can only handle jumping on the couch so long. So today we went as a family and played in the park for awhile. The boys played some soccer, and we kind of perused the park. Nice. Swung by the store and then headed home. Exciting part, I know. Anyway, we like to take the scenic route home and cut through a couple different neighborhoods to get home. About half way home we passed a house with a little tricycle out front with a sign that said "free". We have not bought Cooper his first bike yet, and had been talking about getting one for his 3rd birthday coming up. I look at Sean and said "Was that free?" I am not above a free bike. No, I am not. So we turned around and grabbed it. Now, it is a little "loved" I should say. It is missing a pedal, lol, But we took it home none the less. Cooper was so excited, as soon as we got out of the car he wanted "his new bike".  He jumped on and took off! Perfect size and style for him.. and it's one of those with a place to stand on the back. Perfect for Miles :)
So, we will probably by a new one for him exactly like this one, for his birthday. But for now he is so happy! Kids don't care what store you bought if from, or what brand name it is. We do that for ourselves. Sometimes, almost all the time, the best things in life are FREE!

FF(fun facts) I will say that I was a little concerned that Cooper thought we were stealing the bike. LOL. As I was typing this post I realized we didn't explain to him why it was ok to take someones bike from their yard. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment