Sunday, February 13, 2011

Let Go, and Fly!

We took a walk today to the little play scape in the neighborhood. I sat and watched my Miles over and over try to climb the slide while holding a hand in each toy. He was so frustrated watching Cooper so easily march up. Miles would try, then look at me and yell "Help!". I kept telling him to just put the toys down and he would be able to climb the slide. But he just was not havin' that! He wanted up that slide SO bad. But the fear of letting go of the toys and brother getting them, or that he just wanted the toys, was too strong. He even took his toys and tried going up two other ways...still not being able to get up. At one point he even fell backwards on to the ground, still tightly gripping his toys. When he finally let go of the toys, he climbed up quickly and started jumping with joy! He was catching some serious air time too, so amazing what happens when we let go of the things holding us back. It may look good, feel good, or be comfortable. But at some point, if you REALLY want to reach your destination, you have to be willing to let go and fly!

















Our kids can teach, and remind us of so much.





2 comments:

  1. Wow... thanks for this; great food for thought Erin.
    ps..sometimes I leave your blog open on a tab so I can let the music play while I work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It had me thinking as well...need to let some things go. I love it when God uses my kids to teach me. Special.
    I love the music too..hehe Glad you like it
    xo

    ReplyDelete