Saturday, February 19, 2011

God's Best

I had been planning on going walking on Friday all week. All I was hoping for was; no snow, rain or cold weather. I wanted sunny and in the low 70's...that would be nice walking weather. I like my vitamin D. So Friday comes and it is overcast and looks like it is going to rain. Blah! I got ready anyway and packed the boys and my Bob (stroller), and headed out. Sure enough it starts sprinkling on the way to the park. GRRR. But getting back into good habits and routines is a must right now. I am horrible at that. And by that I mean routine. And by that I mean, good routines. I started having negative thoughts like..why is it every time I try to do something positive, something tries to ruin it?! Which is a little dramatic, but that's how I was feeling. Dramatic. I parked the car and got out...with an overwhelming sense of humility. It felt so good outside, and was absolutely beautiful down at the park. It wasn't misting really at all by the time we got down there, and it was amazing out. Georgetown Park has a river that runs through it, and one of my most favorite things is water. And another is when it is misty, foggy, cool, etc..by the water. I love how the water gets dark and still. Anyway, it reminded me of how we think we know exactly what is going to make us happy, but really God knows best. I think if we trusted a little bit more, we would be pleasantly surprised. Lets quit expecting and praying for our way, and just see what He wants to do for us and the people around us.

Proverbs 3: 5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;  in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
 
1 Peter 5:7
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you
 
Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"
 
Isaiah 40:31
but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint
 
Matthew 11:28-30
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
 
Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit
 
 
 




























 
FF(fun facts) We may not all love each other just the way we are all the time, but God does. He loves me and my big messHe loves you too.That's just what I believe. Period. End of story. XO  I need a drink of water, my head hurts from looking at this computer. AT

2 comments: