Friday, February 11, 2011

Sale Racks

Today the boys and I went to the Arboretum. It really wasn't that best of weather for it, but in the sun it was quite nice.  The main reason for us going, other than I love it there, was getting a gift for a friend's birthday party tomorrow. One of my favorite things to give for birthdays is clothes.  Especially bc most of my friends are thrifty like me, and don't like spending a lot of money on kids clothes. I think the majority of Cooper's baby clothes were from a thrift store. And of course Miles gets all of Coop's hand me downs. Once the kids get in to toddler age though, they wear the clothes out a little bit more, at least in my house, so it is not as easy to find "in good condition" second hand clothes. So, my long winded point is, I like to buy nicely made clothes, usually staples; jeans, jammies, or "church clothes" for birthday parties. Maybe it's because I like it when people buy my kids nice clothes too..lol. I just have a hard time paying the prices some of these places want for their clothes at full price. On the other hand, just like adults, I think the money is well spent on a nice pair of well fitting jeans. I am a in love with jeans. Dress up or down, I love them! But that is the practical side of me I guess...I know my kids would much rather open a gift with a toy in it rather than clothes. But who cares what they want on THEIR birthday, right? just kidding...I'm not that mean. Not all the time at least.
So my favorite place for little boy's jeans is Gap Kids. Classic dressier pieces is Janie and Jack, and for REALLY good sale prices and great swimsuits I go to Gymboree. AND Gymboree has cute little boy undies. You can get t-shirts and dress shirts on sale for $2.99 sometimes! Even Wal Mart can't beat that! HA! 
The fun part of going to The Arboretum for the boys, obviously not the stores, even though Gymboree does have a TV with kids cartoons on it, is that they love to play down in the grass with the fake cows, the water fountain, and there is an Amy's ice cream. That was the longest run on sentence ever, I am in no mood to fix it. The clock is ticking and Miles will be up from his nap soon. Today we took some bubbles with us and sat in the sun for a bit, and rode the cows. We found our birthday present, and grabbed a couple sale items at Gymboree. Oh, and a cute pair of sale slippers at Gap. When the weather is a little warmer we usually take our lunch and do a picnic down there, but it is still a bit cold for me. So no picnic or ice cream today, but we still had fun. They were pooped by the time we got home..which is always great for me.














FF (fun facts) These pics are of Cooper asleep on me at nap. Sometimes I will get covered up and lie down with him. Instead of putting his head on the pillow he rests it on my stomache, and almost instantly falls asleep. Precious memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment