Tuesday, February 8, 2011

FIt Tips from Personal Trainer and Chef, Nick


Meet my cousin Nick.  He is a personal trainer and personal chef in Gilroy California.  And yes, he is single. Well, not married anyway. Ok, now you have met him. Nick's motto is: Don't do Diets, just have self discipline! (so black and white, geeze. must run in the family)

It is February, and like a lot of you, I am trying hard to make some healthy changes, and meet some weight loss goals. Statistics show that around the second week in January most people have already stoped working on their goals and are depressed about it. I'll be honest, I have not even started. haha. I was doing so good before we got pregnant this last time and ever since the miscarriage, I have not got back in the gym, nor have I been calorie conscience. So, I have asked Nick to give me some tips on getting healthy and fit. I thought since I am blogging now, maybe y'all would like to hear what he has to say as well. Or if you know people on fb who you think my benefit, you can post the link on your wall for them to read. LETS GET FIT! :) Some of the tips you may already know, but are you doing them? Lets try together to do the fit tips he shares and see what good comes? Ok? Ok! You in?! If you want, comment below that you are in! And leave comments about your thoughts on the tips as we get them :) Maybe we can also have certain times we share our successes. Healthy habit changes, weight loss, ect! That would be fun!

Ok, so here are Nick's first fit tips to us:


Healthy living is about fitness but it's also about how much you consume. Cutting calories is a good way to get healthy and feel your best. But cutting calories isn't easy -- or is it?  The tips are simple, like replacing full-fat milk with non-fat, eating dried fruit instead of candy and munching on a whole wheat English muffin instead of a  regular muffin.

 If you can cut 100 calories from your diet every day, you can lose a pound of fat a month. This may seem a bit slow but it's a start, and the slower the weight loss, the more likely you are to keep the weight off.

 Definition of a calorie:
 a unit of heat equal to the amount of heat required to raise the temperature of one kilogram of water by one degree at one atmosphere pressure; used by nutritionists to characterize the energy-producing potential in food
LETS BURN SOME ENERGY!!!


Eggs needing a bit of a boost? Adding up to a 1/2 tsp of real bacon will give them tons of flavor without pumping up the calories. Match it up with some fresh herbs for the perfect diet dish.
1 cup of egg.
17 gr protein
2 gr carbs
14 gr fat ( so go easy on the yolks)

Nick

FF(fun fact) Nick is the ONLY person I have told how much I currently weigh! lol..I obviously trust him! xo


Get to know him a little bit more...













 

9 comments:

  1. I am with you. I've started my weight watchers back up. I was doing so good and at a normal weight. Then I stopped and it crept back up and I've gained 15lbs back. How did that happen?!!! I am also using Biggest Loser Challenge for my Wii. We are saving money so no club membership for me. However, I really like this game and it really is a workout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really enjoying my fitness routine! I also have cut back my calories, but I did this about 2 months ago. I do not eat anymore than about 1,700 to 2,000 with 2,000 being the most. I do this daily.So it's possible to be done! And then once you start that of course it shrinks your stomach. And with that being said you get used to the lower calorie intake because you get fuller faster :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And most of the time I don't even consume 1,700. I consume less!

    just FYI..lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm actually thinking of doing the online weight warchers to help keep me accountable. I'm very competitive, so I think it will be good for me! But I agree with Nick, I really want to just be in control, not have to do a bunch of diets. Dang Sean for bringing doughnuts home for the kids all the time! Lol. We have a Wii, I think mabe I'll try that biggest Loser! That sounds awesome!! How much time do you spend on it Kim? Melissa- what do you do for work outs? I'm excited to get fit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Getting tips and seeing other's efforts are really encouraging me! This is really going to help I know it! My goal will be to reduce intake by 100 calories a day.. and get more movement! Way too cold to walk today! I can however play some wii! Thanks Erin and Nick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good goals mom! I'm going to do some wii while the boys nap! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nick is right...I also heard Nicole Scherzinger (Pussycat Dolls & Dancing With The Stars) mention that she doesn't believe in diets. Watching your weight, what you eat, and taking good care of yourself and to not over-indulge is the long lasting answer. Therefore the diet, lose weight programs worth $56-60 Billion dollar industry. Good read. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did the wii with my sister the other night. The "Just Dance" I think thats what it was called. Talk about a FUN work out!! Girl I was sore in places I didn't think I could be..lol. And thats a good thing :) So try that one. As far as my fitness routine...I love the treadmill, I have worked up to a light jog and when I get tired I slow down to a fast pace walk. If I could jog outside I would perfer that much more! But it's hard bc I do not have a jogging stroller for the lil guy. I can take Preston and some of his toys to the gym with me here at the apart. and he stays very content. He is used to being in the gym with me though. It's not new to him. I love the elliptical. I do some weights but not to much right now bc I want to lose weight right now, not gain. When I get to my weight goal I will do weights more often. I love the gym!! And we also ride bikes around here when the weather is good. Hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's awesome! I've been wanting to get bikes for us. I need to get some new WII games. I've heard the dance one was fun! You are a rock star! xo

    ReplyDelete