Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Pea-Prosciutto Sauce w/ Ravioli

Ok, this is YUM! I love the combination of flavors in this dish. To me, the peas are the start player by far! I love the sweetness it brings to meal. Of course the prosciutto is very tasty too... It was super duper easy to make too, which is always a plus. It's one the whole family will enjoy! Serve it up with a crunchy piece of french bread or a side salad. Enjoy!

Pea-Prosciutto Sauce with Ravioli

Ingredients: 4 ounces chopped prosciutto, 2 tablespoons olive oil,  3 garlic cloves, sliced, 1 tablespoon tomato  paste, 1 cup pasta cooking water, 1/4 cup heavy cream, 1 pound ravioli, 1 cup blanched frozen peas, chopped parsley, grated Parmesan

First start off by getting your large pot of water boiling for your raviolis. Once you get them going start the sauce...

  1. Cook the prosciutto in a skillet with the olive oil over medium heat until crisp. About 4 minutes or so.
  2. Stir in the three sliced up garlic..this part smells SO good! Also add in the tomato paste. Cook 1 minute.
  3. Ladle in the cup of water from the pasta pot, and let it simmer until it reduces down by about half. About 5 minutes.
  4. Add the 1/4 cup of heavy cream and simmer until thickened, about 3 minutes.
  5. Toss with the ravioli, peas and some chopped parsley.
  6. Top it off with some fresh grated Parmesan cheese! mmmm





On another note, my family is almost back to 100% from being sick.  My Cooper is back to being pleasant to be around, and once again loves his brother. lol. He was a bit of a pill to be around when he was sick this go round. He gets that from his father. :) But the poor little guy was pretty sick. It's so so nice to have them playing together again, laughing, chasing...it's the best. And it couldn't have come at a better time, because I was about to snap from all the arguing, whining, crying, screaming, hitting...my blood pressure is rising just typing about it. HA! Here a couple pics from the last two days.



We got some new books at Book Pride down on the square Tuesday.


Sweet Pea

This was a great moment! Both my boys in my lap reading with me. Things are looking back to normal around here! woo hoo



I just thought this was too precious....



FF( fun facts) Today we started looking at planning a trip to Disneyland in California :) We aren't planning on going anytime soon, lol, just thought we would start looking into it! We think when Coop is five, and Miles is three and a half, would be fun. (And I guess, if there are anymore kids in the picture then, they can come too)
I have so many great memories at Disneyland! We went to DisneyWorld when I was older and that was pretty cool too. One of Sean's co-workers today said that he had been to both with his kids and that he recommended Disneyland for the young kids. He said they all felt it less overwhelming and more charming. Bonus for us, it's in California, so maybe some of the family will want to meet up with us! Anyway...it's a ways off, but it was fun looking at the website and watching the videos of the rides. Haunted House and Pirates of the Carabian were always my fav! They have the submarine now that takes you down into where Nemo lives! Miles will be in heaven :) Gonna be fun.
XO

2 comments:

  1. just might have to try this out

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you'll like it! It was almost a little too salty from the proscuitto, next time I'll have the butcher slice it on one, or I'll dice it up smaller then I did. But it's great flavor!

    ReplyDelete