Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Not So Strong

Today was non stop damage control. Crying kids, toothpaste all over the bathroom, coffee spills, shoe throwing while waiting for medicine, and so on...
My boys have double ear infections, so I understand their actions and moods. Poor Cooper has been on meds for 5 days.
What is frustrating to me, is that some days, I just don't have the patients I feel I should. It makes me feel horrible. I know I should over look their actions, or at least be a little more understanding. But when Cooper won't listen in the store, or when the Dr is trying to talk to me, I get so frustrated! I feel like telling him, "you know
Cooper, if you would just listen to mommy, this would all go a lot smoother, and we would all be happy!"
Some days I just wish I had an IV of patience, like how they do the epidural these days. Just keep pushing the little button every time I need a little more!
I just feel so weak some days.
*big sigh*

tired mommy signing off

2 comments:

  1. Erin, you are an amazing Mom and have more patience than you think you do. I will continue to pray for you and for the boys to get well. One trick I have been using lately when things get challenging is to say "more grace, Lord; fill me with more of your grace"! It really seems to help. I love you :)

    ReplyDelete