Sunday, March 6, 2011

One on One Time

Well hello everybody :) I feel like I have not blogged in forever! With everyone still being sick, and my computer not working, I have been getting as much sleep as possible. (Excluding Friday night when I went to watch my hometown Lady Eagles play in the final four, and then talked with an old friend til after 1:00am) lol.

So, today we did not go to church with the boys still being sick and all. Firm believer of not taking your sick kids around other kids. Wouldn't it be nice if everyone did that?? lol. So instead we opted for splitting up with the kids and giving the boys their own time with mom and dad alone. The boys have been cooped up in the house together for over a week, and we have not been able to give them much individual attention. Which is something Sean and I both feel is very important for our kids. Lately Cooper is more and more wanting daddy all the time. So Cooper and Sean took off together for a while. They went down to Cabellas for some guy time. All the fishing polls and guns a man could dream about. Sean actually ended up getting a new fly rod....very cool. (part of him doing more things for himself ) They did lunch and a little playtime afterward. Cooper was beyond ecstatic to go by himself. I asked him before they left if he wanted Miles to go with them, and he firmly replied, "UM, NO!" lol.... just checking.
Miles and I went looking for a new Dutch Oven, ended up at Kohl's. I also just HAD to get a new spring runner for the dinning room table and some spring kitchen towels. They were on SALE, So I saved us some money. haha. Then we headed over to Panda Express and shared some lunch together...such a good eater, and the cutest date ever! Followed that up with some grocery store time, and with just the two of us, it was actually kind of fun. I love that Miles just smiles and smiles. He was telling EVERYONE hi and goodbye today too. Just precious. I think he is the greatest 18 month old around. After all that great running around it was more than time for Mr.Smiles nap. Ahh....such a nice day.
We all enjoyed family time today. And it's Pot Roast day, in the new dutch oven...mmm









1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post. I bet it was what everyone needed :) That Mr. Miles is a such a happy guy. How fortunate to be born into a family so full of love for him.

    ReplyDelete