Sunday, March 13, 2011

Handy Manny

Today we got the materials to build our garden.  Lucky for me, my husband is the white version of Handy Manny. Exluding always smiling when working, that he does not. And luckily his tools don't talk.  My boys are almost three and 19 months, so when they want to help....well, it isn't always help. Sean was really wanting to knock out the work, and Cooper insisted on helping dad.  Sean was so sweet to slow down here and there to let Cooper help him. I love those moments when I get to be behind the camera and capture those sweet, impactful moments between my husband and first born. I am so blessed.
I took Cooper with me today to go pick up our veggies, fruit and herbs. I'll admit, I am a little bit more patient with him, because I get to spend all day with him, every day :) Patience with little kids does get easier with time. I think. haha. It took some patience letting him help at the nursery. But he was so cute. He pulled the wagon for me, and wanted to put everything in the wagon to take home and plant. haha. Cutest little wagon puller ever!
We all worked hard today to get our garden started. (Miles worked real hard at being cute, and going down the slide) Although, he did help carry the plants to the backyard...such a big boy.
Tomorrow Sean is bringing home a little more of all the soil we are using, we were a little short, and then we will plant! Since we are doing a small garden, we only chose a couple things. The guys that made the cut are; squash (straight neck), zucchini, two diffrent carrots, green and red bell pepper and strawberries. We wanted to do green onion, but they advised it too late for that. And I think we are going to do watermellon (even though Sean will not eat it)  And as far as herbs, we are potting; sweet basil (green and purple), parsley, and rosemary.
It shall be an adventure tomorrow planting with such little, big helpers! 



















 

 







XO

2 comments:

  1. Can you send Handy Manny over to build me a garden? I love it!! I can't wait to see pics of all the plants growing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you lived closer I would send him over! LOL. He loves this stuff!!
    I have had stuff going on the last two evenings, so we get to plant tomorrow! Yay!
    XO

    ReplyDelete